Saturday, November 7, 2009

Why Women Work So Hard

So, why do we? We are going to do a little Bible research and see a pattern and this is what I do best, interpreting the stories in the Bible. Sit back as I do my review.
I will start with Eve, who else? If she hadn't been working in the garden, she probably wouldn't have seen the apple, which explains why Adam never saw it. Can you imagine all that weeding poor Eve had to do? And on top of that, she forgot to pack a lunch causing her to have a huge hypoglycemic attack and boom-there was the apple. And oh how we all have suffered for that indulgence, which stemmed from her taking a break during her work day.
Look at Ruth, she had to work her way into Boaz's bed. What did they call it-gleaning the field? Then she had to sneak into his tent and cover his feet, since he was too lazy to get up and put on a pair of socks!
How about the work-a-holic Martha? She was totally stressed out as she prepared a meal that looked Christmas Eve dinner. It probably took her days to prepare the meal, while Mary sat and relaxed. Mary didn't see what Martha saw. Just like there are women that do tons of housework and laundry, while others just step over the mess. Personally, I hate those women who are not bothered by their own mess. Who do they think is going to get their house in order? Don't they know that a good fairy is not going to appear and that it is a woman's destiny to just plain, ole work?
And you know, if Cain and Abel had been working instead of standing around like road construction workers, they wouldn't have had time to fight. It's all about managing your time.
As you can see, the pattern for women from the beginning of time was to work all day long, then take a break and die. I have not been able to move on since I came to realize that women do not get to retire. How can we, when we have to take care of our retired spouse. Suppose the couple retired at the same time? I guess the woman would have to depend on Merrymaids and Meals on Wheels.
Several couples we have known have moved into a 55+ retirement village. The sole purpose of doing so was out of necessity due to the bucket loads of lawn work. So the man thinks it is just too much for him to ride a lawnmower once a week over dead grass while he smokes a cigar? HUH???
So they sell their home and move to the village where there are all kinds of recreation; a pool, a golf course, bowling alley, and bus trips, etc. If this sounds like a man vacation then it must be. Who cleans the village place and cooks the meals? Who buys the groceries and does the laundry?
I became aware this week, that if I worked in this house for 2 months without taking a day off and allowed 20 minutes for lunch, I would get this place in order.
First I have to go to Good Will. Every closet and every drawer and one whole room in the basement is packed to the top with clothes that no one wears. 90% of them don't fit, are out of style, or turned yellow. I will be the one to go through the stash.
Secondly, I needed to put a second coat of paint on the garage door, which will take an entire day. I have put that chore off, because I stuck all the windows shut when I put the second coat on them. What if the garage door gets stuck? What then?
I decided to turn my little bathroom into a white and orchid cloud. The oak cabinet looked out of place, so I slapped 3 coats of white paint on it. When I walked back in to inspect my work, the paint was dripping like tear drops. I had to chisel the paint from the floor with a screwdriver.
It took me 3 days to get the bathroom close to being done and I was too tired to finish the job. With close inspection I saw hairs growing out of the woodwork. The vent and shower bar were rusted. How could one little room be so annoying? Then I had to paint behind the commode to areas where only a midget could reach. It was plain torture.
Then I realized that the wall stenciling I did 20 yrs ago did not match the color theme. So I plastered paint all over them. After the paint dried, I could still see the stencil.
At first, I didn't see the old stencil, but my dear husband did, probably because he is at eye level with those blasted flower stencils. He did tell me that I looked tired, but he didn't offer to paint, so I guess this is woman-work.
Women should not have to work outside their home. Keeping a house in order is a full-time job and any woman that doesn't keep her house clean should get a job outside the home so she will have an excuse for ignoring the filth. HUH???

1 comment:

  1. I've always heard that a woman's work is never done.Some times the negative response we get back from the male species makes it hard to want to do what we were told is a woman's job.
    If we stop making the bed and changing the linen so often just maybe."The man will take the time to scrape some dirty sheets off the bed.This is not a threat it's just sharing the work load.When a man fill the empty water picture(that he just emptied) it's hard work.For us it is said to be part of what a woman is supposed to do.There is no hand book explaining to us exactly what we are supposed to do.So why do we let ourselves get stuck being the fall person.Before we get married to these jokers they eat,and I hope wear clean underwares.So wonder why aster marriage they seem to forget how to do those two things. I beleive that we as women take on too much of the house cleaning and a lot of stuff that we could easy share with our mates.Oh well,let's try to get the fellows to switch role for about a week.Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete